01_Quality_169 1920x670.jpg

Skills and training

To ensure the continued success of Bentley we initiate a range of trainee programmes to support and develop talent for the future. Our training programmes have been awarded National Training Awards from the Skills Funding Agency.

20151124_Northstar_Bentley_546 1920x670.jpg

Staff Development

Bentley believes in giving Colleagues the opportunity to grow professionally, academically and socially.
Every employee is actively encouraged to develop themselves and enhance their skills in rewarding ways through a wide range of training programmes. Our training programmes not only provide the chance to improve technical expertise, but also the opportunity to fine-hone personal skills and finesse self-management. We also provide opportunities for members of staff to progress their careers by learning new languages. Personnel are encouraged to take control of their own development and to request to participate in courses they feel are relevant and important to their situation.

IMG_5890-Edit 1920x670.jpg


At Bentley we have been offering apprenticeships for more than four decades, along with programmes for graduate and undergraduate placements. Our apprenticeships are not just available for manufacturing and engineering disciplines. Apprenticeships are also offered for those seeking careers across a broad spectrum of the business, such as Sales & Marketing, HR, Purchasing and Finance.

Many of those training today’s Bentley apprentices began as apprentices at the company themselves. By passing on their skills and experience, an appetite for innovation, a desire to explore new materials, a drive to develop new technologies and by instilling a flawless eye for quality, they are ensuring Bentley has a pipeline of passionate, highly skilled young people committed to powering the world’s leading luxury car band into the future.

Doors open at Crewe's UTC 13 1920x670.jpg

UTC Crewe

University Technical Colleges provide an exciting educational offering, backed by real business partners and a university. Crewe Engineering and Design UTC is driven by a collaboration between Bentley Motors, Manchester Metropolitan University, Siemens, Bosch, General Electric, OSL Rail, Unipart Logistics, and Cheshire East Council. As an employer partner to the school Bentley has been closely involved in all aspects of setting up the UTC, with Colleagues serving as members of the trust, acting as governors, mentoring students and providing input into the college curriculum.

In 2017 a new state-of-the-art teaching facility opened its doors at the school. The new building is part of the £10.7m government investment in the school and provides an ideal learning environment for pupils. A Bentley Continental GT, one of two loaned to the college, sits on display in the foyer of the glass-fronted building. The other car will be used as a tool for teaching pupils. Recent collaborations have included the Bentley Seat Challenge, in which pupils were asked to design the Bentley seat of the future.

Bentley Motors new dedicated apprenticeship Training Facility  1920x670.jpg

Facilitating the Future

Bentley has its own dedicated, state-of-the-art apprenticeship Training Facility, which is based at apprenticeship training provider Total People within South Cheshire College. Opened in 2014, the facility features two fully equipped studios, one dedicated to Trim and the other to Wood, where 40 apprentices use workstations to develop their practical skills under the tuition of Master Trainers. Operating a dual education system, apprentices spend 70 per cent of their time on practical training and the remaining 30 per cent on theoretical learning. In addition, Mechatronics is taught at Total People’s training centre in Telford, and Paint at Stoke-on-Trent College.